ContactOffice: 264 Phillips
Phone: (919) 962-4277
Web page: https://physicstheory.web.unc.edu/
- I am an Associate Professor of Theoretical Physics and Cosmology at UNC-Chapel Hill
- Scientific Trajectory:
Associate Professor: UNC-Chapel Hill, NC, 2009-present.
Assistant Professor: UNC-Chapel Hill, NC, 2004-2008
Visiting Professor: PI -Waterloo, ON, 2003
Postdoc: University of Syracuse, NY, 2002-2003
Postdoc: Scuola Normale Superiore, Pisa, 2000-2002
Ph.D: University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, WI, 2000 *
M.Sc.: University of Maryland-College Park, MD, 1997.
Fulbright Scholar: University of Maryland-College Park, MD, 1994
- Arrows of Time: A Debate in Cosmology
- Cosmic Update: Dark Puzzles, Arrow of Time, Future History (Multiversal Journeys)
Media Coverage, Interviews, Public Talks here: Media Coverage
- I am a member of the theory group of Gravity, Cosmology, HEP (GCHEP) and of the Institute of Field Physics. You can read about the history and the tradition of excellence of the group and of the institute, supported by the Bahnson Fund, in Bryce DeWitt’s Memoirs.
- My research focuses on three main themes: origins of the universe and the fundamental nature of space and time; dark energy; quantum physics of the black holes.
- I proposed a theory of the origins of the universe from a quantum landscape multiverse, based on fundamental physics, http://arxiv.org/abs/hep-th/0410213, http://arxiv.org/abs/hep-th/0504026 , arxiv.org/abs/hep-th/0511102 and http://arxiv.org/abs/arXiv:0809.3623 . With collaborators we derived a series of predictions, five of which were successfully tested by PLANCK and LHC in: Avatars I and Avatars II .
- More recently I showed that the back-reaction of Hawking radiation on a gravitationally collapsing star prevents the formation of a singularity and an event horizon, and makes the star bounce,
Backreaction of Hawking Radiation on a Gravitationally Collapsing Star .
The list of publications can be found here: