This in-person event brings together the following:
- Employers who want to help students from All Majors (including STEM) explore various career pathways in their industries and answer questions about what they can do with their majors and career interests. Additionally, for students who are seeking Summer Internships and Full-Time Jobs roles, these companies also are available to talk about their current openings and how you can apply.
- Graduate/Professional Schools who want to help students from All Majors (including STEM) explore various graduate programs including professional schools (Law, Dental, Medical, etc.) and answer questions about what how to apply to their programs as well as other information such as scholarships, financial aid, fellowships, assistantships, etc.
This event is open to all UNC undergrad and graduate majors (except MBA, Law, Medical, and Dental) which include: Business, Communications, Economics, English, History, Political Science, Public Policy, Military Science, Sociology, Anthropology, Philosophy, Women’s Gender and Sexuality Studies, African American Studies, Romance Languages, Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Library and Information Sciences, Engineering, Earth Sciences, Health Sciences, Information Technology, Mathematics, Physics, Finance, Operations, Entrepreneurship, Marketing & Sales, Real Estate, and more!
Four Ways to Connect (Organizations)
We recognize that students have multiple competing priorities for their time on-campus (and off-campus) that don’t always allow for participation in recruitment activities hosted by University Career Services. Our goal is to foster events that meet students where they are. To that end, we are promoting four modalities that allow students to choose what works best for initial engagement with recruiters. We ask that our recruiters strive to take measures to not intentionally privilege one modality over another. Students need reassurance that there is no penalty to their applications or candidacy based on their chosen form of initial engagement.
Employers participating in on-campus recruitment events will have to commit to our four student connection modalities:
- Connect face-to-face at in-person fairs, or Connect by 1:1 or group sessions scheduling on Handshake Virtual Fairs with recruiters available to discuss their organizations, workplace, or job postings: whether you are job seeking or just want to expand your network for future opportunities at the on-campus event you’re at.
- Connect by virtual chatting on Handshake with recruiters available to discuss job postings that interest you: all recruiters should set up Handshake’s 15-minute virtual chats scheduling tool on each job posting 4-weeks prior to the fair (or have a recruiter’s contact info available on their Handshake company page who can schedule a 15-minute virtual chat outside of Handshake).
- Connect by direct messaging on Handshake with recruiters managing job postings that interest you: all recruiters should set up Handshake’s messaging tool on each job posting 4-weeks prior to the fair and afterward until the postings close (or have a recruiter’s contact info available on their Handshake company page).
- Connect by applying directly on Handshake to the job postings from the attending companies: all jobs that companies discuss at the fair should be posted on Handshake 4-weeks prior to the fair and afterward until the postings close.
● Rams Head Recreation Center
How to Register:
Click here to register for the Fall STEM/All Majors Career + Graduate/Professional School Info Fair.